Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cheerful time of year!

I love Christmas! This year has been especially fabulous. Our tree is adorable and no, i'm not partial! I haven't done an overwhelming amount of crafts, but enough to add a few decorations and gifts, our families are healthy and happy! I think this is the first Christmas...maybe ever that I have not been stressing about anything and it feels great!

Earlier I was remembering some of my favorites childhood Christmas memories... waking up extra early to see if our stockings were full, having dad read T'was the Night Before Christmas while cuddled in bed next to him, searching for the perfect tree, (this is when perfection was defined by how fat the tree was and how strong the scent), Making ornaments and decorating the tree with mom, looking out the window before bed on Christmas Eve, just hoping to get a glimpse of Santa! I don't think I remember many presents I received but rather the memories and traditions of childhood are what I treasure most!

I'm trying to make each day a festive day filled with wrapping gifts, greeting cards, hot chocolate, classic movies, LOTS of Christmas music, caroling, a bit of everything to keep me filled with cheer! I definantly need some eggnog though!

I wish all of you a Merry Christmas. Make the most of this holiday season and remember Jesus Christ our savior!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger